Effective: November 16, 2018
Kid Everest (“Kid Everest” or our “Site”) is owned and operated by Kid Everest LLC. Kid Everest is a fundraising platform that individuals of ages 18 and under raise money online for their projects and inventions. We are dedicated to creating a safe online environment.
Kid Everest is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information collected or received during the use of the site, especially information from children under 13.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that we
- Notify parents and guardians on how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13
- Obtain verifiable consent from parents and guardians in order for children under the age of 13 to utilize certain aspects of the Site
- Require the child to disclose no more information than is reasonably necessary for a child to participate in a given activity on this site
- Allow the parent to review and delete the information collected about their child
What information does Kid Everest collect from users? How is it collected?
- We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone unless they register with our site.
- The information we collect during the user registration process is a an age. From there, Kid Everest collects the following: -If under the age of 13: first and last name, parent or legal guardian’s email. A parent/legal guardian will need to complete a Consent Form in order for a child to use the Site. The birth date is used to validate their age. The parent’s e-mail is used only to notify the parent of their child’s registration with the Site and subsequently, to approve that their child’s registration with the site by providing verifiable parental consent. For users under 13, their parent or legal guardian is required to approve their registration with KidEverest before using the website. During this process, we collect the parent’s full name, phone number, and email address directly from the parent. Users who join Kid Everest under a team or organizational account get access to certain features extended only to teams and organizational account (See Terms of Service for definition of account type.) such as but not limited to a discounted transaction fee and acknowledge that the team or organizational account will have access to their fundraiser and any information generated through from their membership under that fundraiser. By signing a Consent Form, a parent or legal guardian is consenting to the use of their child’s information to be used for social media and promotional purposes. -If 13 or older: first and last name, email address. This information will be used to create an account. -Backers (18 and over): Extensive personal information may be collected to ensure proper and honest usage of this Site. First and last name, email address, physical address and bank account information (through third party processors such as Paypal and Stripe) may be collected.
- Last names of project creators will never be made public on the Site.
- All Users and Members of the Site will require a valid bank account. Third party processor accounts such as Stripe or Paypal will need to be added in order for donations to be processed and for funds to be dispersed to project creators.
- During use of the site, a child may voluntarily reveal to us additional information about himself or herself, such as contents of his or her emails to supporters, personal photos, phone number, videos, or written content describing their fundraiser. During the fundraiser set-up process, we also collect personal information in order to facilitate transfer of funds received into an associated bank account. A parent or legal guardian may delete any and all information about their child at any time from their dashboard portal or by contacting Kid Everest at Hello@kideverest.com . In the instance that a project cannot run because of parental deletion of critical information, the project will cancelled, and funds will be returned.
- We never solicit information from a child. Parents should be aware that any personal information that the child chooses to disclose during the creation of their project or post on their pages are made public after launch and can be collected or used by others on the Site. During the time of registration, parents should monitor all data and talk to their children about Internet safety. If you wish to request removal of yours or your child’s personal information from these areas of the site, contact us at hello@KidEverest.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. For more information on how to talk to your children about internet safety, please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website on Protecting Children’s Safety Online.
- While on the Kid Everest website, children can access third party social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- We allow users and members to invite friends to join the site, either through an email invite or referral from a connected social media account. If they choose to do so through email, we will collect the recipient’s first name and email address. We use this information to send them a one-time email invitation.
- When giving money or making a donation, supporters are required to give their full name, email address, and then billing information through secure third party processors. We currently use Stripe (www.stripe.com) or PayPal (www.paypal.com) as our processors. The supporter’s full name, email address, the amount donated, date of donation, and physical mailing address is available to the member they donated to, the member’s parent, and organizational account holder (if applicable) and may be used for purposes of facilitating the donation transaction, gift fulfillment (thank you), and further follow-up.
- KidEverest collects personal information passively, by using cookies to track traffic analytics and to monitor unique visitors to our site. This information is used to improve KidEverest as a website. KidEverest may also collect user’s IP addresses. This information is used to prevent and monitor fraud, diagnose technical problems, and estimate demographic data. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personal information you submit while on our site.
- KidEverest occasionally works with third party affiliate partners to reach new users. If you were referred to us by an affiliate, we will employ the use of a cookie for up to 6 months from your first visit to ensure our affiliate gets credit for the referral.
- We collect IP address solely to support internal operations. Other than that, none of these services collect any personally identifying information. Our third party tracking utility partners employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personal information.
- As true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically.
If you have any inquiries regarding our partner’s privacy practices or how they use your child’s personal information, please contact us directly at hello@KidEverest.com
How are parents notified, given consent, or able to access/change/delete information collected from their children under 13?
- Parents can access, change, or delete information about their child at anytime or refuse further collection and use of the information collected from the child by emailing us at the email address listed below. Parents can access their child’s account using the login information sent to them when their child registered with us or contact Membership Support by emailing us at hello@KidEverest.com.
- Parents have the right to consent to our collection and use of personal information collected from their child without having to consent to its disclosure to third parties as we do not share information collected from a child with third parties.
- Kid Everest may use the information collected about your child and their project in order to share with potential new and existing Users or Members. This would include using any information consented to and shared on the front end of the Site. Sharing of this information includes, but not limited to, subscriber emails, sharing to social media such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- We will retain your or your child’s information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel the account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services contact us at the email address listed above. We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Do third-party sites or sponsors use information collected?
Kid Everest does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you collected in connection with your use of the service with third parties. Kid Everest may, however, make inquiries, either directly or through third parties, to validate the registration information provided by users and parents in order to prevent misrepresentation and fraud on the site.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How do I edit my information?
To modify or delete any or all of the personal information you have provided to us, log in and update your account or fundraisers or email hello@KidEverest.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We use Stripe and PayPal to process payments and donations. We are PCI compliant. All credit card information entered is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, assuming that you have selected the secure server method and that your browser supports this functionality. No credit card information is transmitted through, nor stored on, KidEverest servers. All credit card information goes directly to our payment processors. Regardless, no data transmission over the public Internet is ever guaranteed to be 100% secure.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Social Media Sharing and Widgets
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. These are posted by fundraiser users, team members, and donors. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every Web site that collects personal information.
From time-to-time we may have opportunities to create promotional programs or to match sponsors interested in supporting or promoting fundraisers. In some cases, your participation may require you to provide personally identifiable information. Participation in any promotion that requires additional information will be completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. This does not refer to promoting publicly viewable fundraisers which require no additional information from you.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If we make material changes to how we use Personal Information collected from children under age 13, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s Personal Information.
We will send users over the age of 13 (if under 13, parent’s will receive emails) emails related to their personal transactions and account/service related updates. Users will also be sent fundraiser updates and newsletters, which they also may opt out of.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at hello@KidEverest.com.