(IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, PLEASE READ WITH A PARENT, LEGAL GUARDIAN OR TEACHER)
At Kid Everest, privacy is important. It is of our utmost priority to keep children’s sensitive information safe. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was enacted in 1998. It was created in order to keep children safe from online predators and those planning on misusing a child’s private information. The Federal Trade Commission now requires any and all website’s geared toward children, especially those focused on individuals 13 years old or younger to take extra steps to keep children’s private information safe.
KidEverest.com has taken multiple advanced steps to ensure that children are kept safe and that sensitive information be kept to a minimum. COPPA requires that website owners:
2. Provide direct notice to parents and obtain verifiable parental consent, with limited exceptions, before collecting personal information online from children. We need a parent email and will check with your parent or guardian before posting your campaign.
3. Give parents the choice of consenting to the operator’s collection and internal use of a child’s information, but prohibiting the operator from disclosing that information to third parties (unless disclosure is integral to the site or service, in which case, this must be made clear to parents). Your parent’s will be receiving an email confirming that you have registered for an account and to check that it is okay for your campaign to be posted.
4. Provide parents access to their child’s personal information to review and/or have the information deleted. Your parents or guardians will have access to your account at all times and can cancel your account should they want to.
5. Give parents the opportunity to prevent further use or online collection of a child’s personal information. Your information is kept to the absolute minimum. After your campaign is over, your information will be deleted.
6. Maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of information they collect from children, including by taking reasonable steps to release such information only to parties capable of maintaining its confidentiality and security; and
7. Retain personal information collected online from a child for only as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and delete the information using reasonable measures to protect against its unauthorized access or use.
The protection of children and all individuals is very important to us. If you feel or see something that appears wrong on our website, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.