It’s important to keep your personal information, personal. That means you should avoid using any information that can be directly linked back to you. Here are some tips for keeping your personal information safe.
Things Kid Everest will do:
- Kid Everest only collects information that is essential for running a successful campaign. Although we collect your first and last name, only your first name will be allowed to be seen by backers. Your last name will be used to verify Consent Forms.
- If you are under 13, you MUST have a Consent Form completed by your parent or legal guardian. This must be done before you are allowed to start a campaign. If you are over 13, you can make an account for yourself, though you will have to connect an adult’s valid Stripe or Paypal account before your campaign can go live.
- We do not give your info to others, nor will we ask you directly for any identifying information. All communication from Kid Everest about your account will be through the email listed on your registration. We will not contact you through other means including your social media accounts.
- We monitor any and all users on our site. Communication from backers to you is restricted to encouraging comments on the dashboard and all comments are monitored before going live.
- Kid Everest will do our best to create a community of support, but we rely on users to report anything that seems suspicious or odd. If you see anything that seems out of place, please talk to an adult and have them contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Things you Should Do:
- Check with a parent or legal guardian before adding anything to the Kid Everst site.
- If under 13, get a Consent Form completed by your parent or legal guardian. If you are 13 and over, you are not required to have a Consent Form, though it is highly recommended that you discuss Kid Everest with your legal guardians. Plus, you will need them to add their Stripe or Paypal account before a campaign can go live.
- Turn off location services when taking pictures or videos.
- Be mindful of the media you choose to post in your campaign. Avoid showing the front your house, street names, or anything else that may make it easy for someone to figure out where you live.
- Also be mindful of anything that may be in the picture or video that gives away your personal information. This includes, but is not limited to, your full name, your address, or your school.
- Double check the pictures and video. Kid Everest will review every piece of media you upload to the site, but it is important that you consider everything that has made it into your shot. This means checking the background for items that may unintentionally give out personal information.
Things you Should NOT Do:
- Freely give out personal information.
- Use pictures of friends’ faces without Consent Forms from their parents or legal guardians.
- Use pictures or videos that you did not create yourself or misrepresents your work.
- Anything listed on the restricted items page.
Remember. If you see or hear of anything that looks or seems strange, please talk to a parent or legal guardian and have them email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.